Go Pro, become a Divemaster and become a leader who mentors, motivates and becomes a role model for others. Your dive knowledge will be increased and you will learn supervision abilities which will allow you to share your passion for scuba diving with others.
The PADI Divemaster is the first step in your diving career. The Divemaster course teaches you to take charge of diving activities. through, Knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises, workshops and hands on practical assessment you will develop your skills to organise and lead dive groups, and have fun doing it.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
As a dive professional you will need to have all your own basic scuba equipment. If you do not have this at the beginning of the course we will assist you.
If you want to discuss a Divemaster internship with Oceanaddicts, contact Anne for more in formation